Established in 2006 by Wendy and Eric Schmidt, The Schmidt Family Foundation (TSFF) works to restore a balanced relationship between people and planet. Through our grantmaking and investments, we partner with communities around the world in working for renewable energy, resilient food systems, healthy oceans and the protection of human rights. We pursue our mission through three, innovative and thoughtful strategies:
1) The 11th Hour Project;
2) the Mission Investment Program; and
3) Schmidt Marine Technology Partners (SMTP).
The Schmidt Family Foundation is a private foundation with growing assets of over $1B and an impact investment portfolio of approximately $160M of AUM.
For more information on The Schmidt Family Foundation please visit: www.tsffoundation.org
The Executive Director’s office is looking for an exceptional candidate to support the Executive Director across a range of administrative capacities that will enable the effective operation of the office. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director (Operations Director).
The Program Assistant must have an excellent work ethic, be highly skilled at setting priorities, possess initiative and bring to their work a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will be collaborative/relationship-oriented, and organized; a quick study who thrives in a fast paced organization where the work often demands quick and accurate outputs.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director; handling functions such as responding to inquiries, scheduling calls and meetings, maintaining a program calendar, outreach to grantees and partners, maintaining program files, preparing expense reports, documents and contracts
- Maintain budget and grant files, including contact management, and use online database (Salesforce) to manage individual grant information
- Review and synthesize data and information from grant proposals and reports
- Serve as a liaison between the Foundation’s grants management team, the Executive Director, and grantees to ensure seamless and well supported grants processing
- Coordinate logistics for domestic and international travel, internal and external meetings and special events, and at Foundation’s annual grantee gathering
- Assist Executive Director with preparation of presentations to Foundation leadership and Board as well as outside audiences
- Assist with other projects and activities as assigned
Skills and Experience Needed
- Thrives in an administrative supporting role with the ability to understand organizational structure and work through administrative systems, enjoys process improvement and possesses a keen attention to detail-oriented work
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork, while also being able to work individually with a high level of self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated aptitude for project and program administration
- Ability to be flexible and forward-thinking to envision and enact solutions
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects, prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Articulate writer and professional communication style via phone, e-mail, and mail
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface and coordinate professionally with a number of diverse internal and external contacts, including grantees, vendors, and fellow team members
- Fluency in MS Office and Google Docs strongly preferred
- Fluency with Salesforce or other online databases preferred
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Based in the Bay Area requiring a minimum of 3 days in the San Francisco office, or at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Must be able to use a computer and communicate by video call or telephone for extended periods of time
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range for this position title is $80,000 – $100,000. The Schmidt Family Foundation offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time positions.
To apply, email a cover letter that expresses both your passion for the mission and fit for the role; and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm PT on Tuesday, January 31, 2023. Use the subject line: Program Assistant – Executive Director. Submit Microsoft Word or PDF files only (one combined PDF file is preferred). Resume review begins immediately.
The Schmidt Family Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer who values and supports diverse identities, experiences, and backgrounds. We encourage people from all backgrounds and industries to apply.